|"Oscar is a Playa"
|Disney Channel premiere:
||June 22, 2012
|Disney Channel (UK) premiere:
||September 22, 2012
|Disney XD premiere:
||October 9, 2012
- "Shuh! My name is Oscar, and I'm like totally guilty of hitting on other girls and cheating on my girlfriend Ayn-jell-oh and junk. I'm so guilty."
- ―Shellsea pretending to be Oscar.
When Esmargot is left at school, Oscar agrees to take her to the Hokey Poke. After Oscar gives off the wrong impression to Esmargot, the girls become convinced that he is cheating on Angela and set up a sting operation to catch him in the act. But when their plan backfires, they must find a way to save his relationship before it's too late.
"Look, she's not here, is she?"
"Don't you have a...girlfriend?"
Headphone Joe is sweeping outside of Freshwater High. The bell rings, and Bea, Milo, Oscar, Koi, Finberley, Shellsea, Albert and Jumbo burst out. Milo tells everyone to hang out at the Hokey Poke. Everyone except Oscar goes over to Koi's car. Oscar tells everyone that he's just texting Angela to see if she wants to hang out at the Hokey Poke with him. Milo tells Oscar to leave Angela alone, and Oscar argues with Milo, saying that he is a grown fish and can do whatever a grown fish wants. Oscar texts Angela to see if it's OK to do whatever he wants, and then everyone else leaves. Oscar shouts for them to stop, and then Angela replies to Oscar's text with "Busy Tonight". Angela is in fact playing video games. Back at Freshwater, Esmargot tries to keep up with the others and Oscar suggests that he takes her to the Hokey Poke. In Oscar's car, Esmargot asks Oscar if its true that he has a girlfriend. Oscar says that she's not here, so it doesn't matter. Oscar thinks that Esmargot looks uncomfortable, so he adjusts her head rest. He then buckles her seatbelt, before patting Esmargot on the head. Oscar turns the heater on, but instead jazz music comes out from the radio. Oscar apologizes to Esmargot for that, and then turns the heater on at full blast. Oscar asks Esmargot if it's hot enough. Then, Oscar's shirt button comes loose, exposing his chest. Esmargot does indeed feel uncomfortable, and thinks that Oscar is hitting on her. She asks Oscar if they can get on their way. Oscar tells Esmargot that he's just trying to be a safe driver. He then backs the car into the next tank - the Hokey Poke. When the car stops, Esmargot slithers into the Hokey Poke screaming, and tells the girls that they will not believe what just happened. Esmargot says that she didn't think that Oscar was such a player.
"Your mission - get Oscar to hit on you, and record it!"
The girls give Esmargot advice and she uses it to try and get Oscar to hit on her.
Esmargot tells the girls that he might have found her attractive. Bea tells Esmargot that Oscar has a girlfriend, and it doesn't sound like something Oscar would do. Shellsea spots Oscar with a female fish and Finberley thinks that Oscar is giving her his number. Actually, Oscar hit the fish's car, and he is giving the fish his insurance information. Koi gives an angry grunt - and Shellsea tells the girls that Koi is right and they should tell Angela about Oscar cheating on her right now. Bea thinks that the girls are jumping to conclusions, and goes off to do some detective work - trying to get Oscar to hit on her. As part of her detective work, Bea tries to make Oscar think that he has an opportunity with her and once Oscar starts getting nervous, she thinks that Oscar is falling apart due to her questioning - and that he is guilty. Oscar is flattered, but he tells Bea that he's with Angela now, and that there's not enough of him to go around. Bea then swims off back to the girls, and then Oscar starts crying. Bea tells herself that there's something strange going on, and has a plan to set up a sting operation and catch him in the act. After rounding up the girls in an undercover surveillance van that Finberley borrowed from her 'parents', Bea tells the girls her plan - to get Oscar to hit on one of the girls and record it. Bea has wired the Hokey Poke with surveillance cameras, so the girls can catch Oscar from every possible angle (including the Freshwater High parking lot). First up, it's Esmargot trying to get Oscar to hit on her. Bea's plan is foiled - Esmargot follows advice from the girls and ends up frightening Oscar. Next up, it's Finberley, but Bea's plan is foiled a second time - Finberley's eyelash falls into Oscar's drink and she rips off part of her hair. Finally, it's Koi and Bea's plan is foiled a third time - Koi just punches Oscar up and out of the tank. Shellsea guarantees Bea that they will get a confession out of Oscar someway or other.
"Angela deserves a better boyfriend than me, I need to break up with her right now!"
'Angela' tells Oscar the truth - being nice can be taken the wrong way.
Oscar is flat on the floor of the Hokey Poke and he gets up to see the girls with a projector. Bea tells Oscar that the jig is up. Finberley switches on the projector and the film starts. On the pull-down screen, there is a cardboard cut-out of Oscar, and Shellsea is behind it, speaking. She pretends to be Oscar revealing to everyone that he's cheating on Angela. Bea tells Shellsea that Oscar won't believe what he's just seen - but Oscar does. He thinks that he's a terrible boyfriend, but once Shellsea tells Oscar that he can't get away with cheating on Angela with Esmargot, the truth comes out - Oscar was just trying to be nice. Oscar decides that Angela deserves a better boyfriend than him and that has to break up with Angela at that moment. Esmargot then reveals the truth about what happened in the car and that she overreacted because she never had a boy as close to her as Oscar was before. As quickly as possibly, the girls attempt to stop Oscar breaking up with Angela by bursting into her tank and kidnapping her. The surveillance van drives off with Angela in it. Bea dresses up as Angela, and when confronted by Oscar, who wants to break up with Angela, she uses her acting skills and gets Oscar to realize that he's a wonderful boyfriend and that being nice can be taken the wrong way, which doesn't stop Oscar being a good guy. 'Angela' makes Oscar feel better, and Oscar reaches in for a kiss. At that moment, Angela enters, having forgotten to save her game. She is shocked to find that Oscar is about to kiss another girl, while Oscar is confused, as there are two Angelas. Bea then takes off her costume. Oscar realizes that he is a player and then Shellsea enters, having completed her goal.
Mouse doesn't like having a curfew, and tells Snake that they should be out of their terrarium as long as they want. Mouse and Snake decide that they are going to leave. They think about where they are going to go. Snake then says that their tank is fun, and Mouse says that they should stay in their tank.
||widescreen = 467px
||fullscreen = 325px
||wide = 467px
||full = 325px
||16:9 = 467px
||4:3 = 325px
||#default = 325px
||Click here to view more images from Oscar is a Playa.]]
|The image gallery for Oscar is a Playa may be viewed here.
- [Bea sits down with Oscar at a table in the Hokey Poke Diner.]
- Bea: Oscar, Oscar, Oscar.
- Oscar: Bea, Bea, Bea, Bea, Bea.
- Bea: [in her mind; she pantomimes this] Now I'm confused. He says he's not a player, but he totally acts guilty! OK, clearly something is going on here! We gotta step this up! We'll set off a sting operation and catch him in the act!
- [The girls are watching Bea.]
- Shellsea: Bea, stop pantomiming and tell us what to do next!
- [In the Undercover Surveillance Van.]
- Bea: Alright, girls, first lets thank Finberley for being able to borrow this undercover surveillance van from her parents.
- Finberley: Yeah...parents!
- Agent Jones: [through speaker] Agent Finberley! Agent Finberley! Do you copy? Over!
- Finberley: Agent Jones! Maintain radio silence! Over!
- [bleeping and radio crackles]
- June 22, 2012 - United States
- August 10, 2012 - Italy
- September 22, 2012 - United Kingdom
- Chelsea Kane as Bea
- Kyle Massey as Milo
- Justin Roiland as Oscar
- John Caparulo as Headphone Joe
- Felicia Day as Angela
- Rachel Dratch as Esmargot, Koi & Carmen
- Kimberley Mooney as Finberley
- Steven Christopher Parker as Jumbo Shrimp
- Dickie Jones as Wander
- April Winchell as Sylvia
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Radio Voice and Wander's singing voice
- Kari Wahlgren as Shellsea & Monkey
- When Esmargot and Oscar are in Oscar's car, Oscar has not got a button on his shirt until the button on his shirt flies off. And when Esmargot asks Oscar if they can be on their way to the Hokey Poke, Oscar's shirt has returned to normal.
- There has been a parking lot installed outside of Freshwater High. When Oscar backs the car into the Hokey Poke tank, there is no parking lot. Later, there is a surveillance camera which shows the parking lot.
- Later on in the episode, Angela's tank is next to the Hokey Poke tank instead of the Freshwater High tank.
- After Bea takes off her Angela wig and glasses, she says "Hi" to Oscar, however her mouth doesn't open.