Fish Hooks (video game)
Fish Hooks (listed on iTunes as Disney Fish Hooks) is the first Fish Hooks video game. Fish Hooks is a free game for iOS, developed by Graveck, that was released on August 15, 2012 on the New Zealand and Singapore app stores and on August 16, 2012 on the rest of the App Stores. It is compatible with iPhone (3GS, 4, 4S and 5), iPod touch (3rd, 4th and 5th generations) and iPad (1st, 2nd and 3rd generations). It requires iOS 4.0 or later.
Players have to help Milo and other fish to complete a challenge by helping them reach the exit in just a bubble, while collecting apples along the way.
- Fish Hooks is an underwater physics-based adventure puzzle starring Milo the fish and a host of his aquatic friends from Freshwater High. You assume the role of Milo and must master the art of making and popping bubbles to successfully navigate the treacherous waters of Randy's diabolical design. You will have to float, fall and fling yourself through the mazes to advance, all while maneuvering with the precision of a ninja (well, the fish version of a ninja. While you're in a bubble.) Perfect timing and puzzle solving skills are essential if you want to avoid the increasingly difficult obstacles and master all of the underwater moves you'll need to win. Have you got what it takes to BE THE BUBBLE?
- Find out!, as you:
- Play through more than 50 levels of marine madness!
- Unlock 5 of Milo's best friends – who you can use as player characters in the game!
- Master the art of bouncing off turtles!
- Surf whirlpools, fly through tubes and free fall!
- Collect apples in each level and max out your high score!
- Beat Randy Pincherson at his own game and win back the trophy!
Randy Pincherson is the new Tank Chopper 360 Bubble Grand Master Champion, which means he went around the all of the tanks in the pet store nothing but a bubble, and he awarded himself the trophy for his awesomeness. Milo checks the trophy out and says that Randy's gonna have to come at him harder, because he's tank-to-tanked the pet store bubble style a 'gazillion' times. Randy says that he has to prove it, and that if he wins, Randy's trophy is his, and if he loses, he pledges his fish loyalty and eternal servitude to him. Milo tells Randy to strap in, as he's about to get Miloed. Milo magics up a bubble and he floats off. Milo starts the challenge, and is soon aided by other fish.
Once the challenge has been completed, fireworks go off and colored spotlights shine outside Freshwater High. Milo celebrates inside and can't believe that he's completed his life-long dream - being the Tank Chopper 360 Bubble Grand Master Champion. Randy gives Milo the trophy, saying that it's big and dumb just like the player. Milo goes "Nya! Nya!".
There are several cutscenes in this game, before and after tanks.
- [Milo, Oscar and Bea are at their lockers in Freshwater High.]
- Randy: [offscreen] Hey, Milo!
- [The screen crops to Milo's eyes, then cuts to Randy and a trophy.]
- Randy: You're looking at the new Tank Chopper 360 Bubble Grand Master Master Champion!
- [Milo has his fins over his mouth.]
- Milo: I don't know what that means.
- Randy: It means I travelled tank-to-tank around the whole pet store in nothing but a bubble! And awarded myself this trophy, from my awesomeness.
- [Milo looks up at the trophy.]
- Milo: Pshhh! You're gonna have to come at me better than that, player! I've tank-to-tanked this place, bubble style, like a gazillion times.
- Randy: Then prove it! You win, my trophy is yours. You lose, you will pledge your fish loyalty and eternal servitude to me! I'm Randy Pincherson!
- [Milo is shocked, and blinks twice while floating still.]
- Milo: Strap in, crabcakes! You're about to get Miloed!
- [A bubble pops up around Milo. The bubble floats off.]
- When Milo says "I don't know what that means", Oscar and Bea seem to have disappeared.
- [Fireworks go off and colored spotlights shine outside Freshwater High. The playable characters in the game are floating behind Milo in the hallway.]
- Milo: Hot dog! I can't believe it! I've finally achieved my life-long dream. I'm the Tank Chopper 360 Bubble Grand Master Master Champion!
- Randy: Fine here, take the trophy. It's big and dumb. [faces the player] Like you. He!
- Milo: Nyah Nyah!
There are also cutscenes showing Randy talking to the player after completing a tank (except for Baldwin's Classroom). All of these cutscenes show Randy facing the player.
- After completing "Freshwater High"
Randy: Way to go dingus! You did it! You completed all the baby challenges for babies! Once you've changed your diaper, you can try this next bunch! Te-heh-heh-heh!
- After completing "Hokey Poke Diner"
Randy: Great job! And by great job I mean, you stink! I'm surprised you didn't throw up, because you were so scared!
- After completing "The Cafeteria"
Randy: Well, well, well! Maybe you're good at this, or maybe you're just lucky. Either way, you still look like a king dork! Try these next challenges on for size!
- After completing "Clamantha's House"
Randy: You think you're pretty clever, huh? I think it's time I turned up the difficulty to maximum awesomeisity! Get ready to feel the pinch!
|Tank||Character unlocked in last level|
|Freshwater High||Bea Goldfishberg|
|Hokey Poke Diner||Koi|
|Baldwin's Classroom||Albert Glass|
Every tank except Freshwater High has 33 apples to collect in it; Freshwater High has 18 apples to collect.
- If you are playing Clamantha on the levels, when "Oops" appears, Clamantha has her mouth open and she has teeth.
- Note: Characters unlocked in the previous tank are featured in the next tank gallery. For example, Bea is the character played with in the Hokey Poke Diner gallery, because she was unlocked in the previous level.
|Apples collected in level||Message|
|0||"See me after class..."|
Hokey Poke Diner
- In Level 18, the background is Freshwater High, not the Hokey Poke Diner.
- Despite the tank name being "Baldwin's Classroom", all of the levels except Level 55 are set in a hallway.
|1.0.0 1||45.4 MB||August 15, 2012 2|
- 1 On the App Store, it is listed as "1.0".
- 2 On the App Store, it is listed as "Updated 11 August 2012".
The game has mostly received positive reviews. Games.com's Brandy Shaul said that despite the difficulty from tank to tank not increasing that much, "it helps the game's cause as a great option for kids". However, USA Today's Marc Saltzman said that while the player can unlock other characters to play the game with instead of just Milo, "it's too bad the gameplay seems to be the exact same", and also said that "the game could have been a little more interesting and challenging had each character offer its own unique abilities". Pocket Gamer's Damien McFerran said that "All in all, it's a tightly produced package, offering plenty of gameplay and not a hint of in-app purchasing in sight - quite an achievement when you consider that Disney is offering the game entirely free of charge," but he then said that a little more variety wouldn't have gone amiss, as the game lacks the sheer inventiveness that the best examples of the genre offer, but there's still a few days of solid entertainment being supplied here, and the lush presentation keeps things fresh and appealing." The game was also rated 8/10 on the site.  The game also made Fanlala's Weekly App for the week beginning August 27, 2012.
- iTunes United States - Disney Fish Hooks
- Disney Fish Hooks - Universal - HD Gameplay Trailer on YouTube